Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Sovereign Hill


One day on the 21st of November 2014 on Friday 4/5A, 5/6A, 5/6C went to a place called Sovereign Hill. The Bus trip there was 2 hours and mostly there was nothing to do on the bus so we just had to wait on a long trip.

Once we had arrived we got in to are groups and split up to are activities. Are first one for are group was a school lesson on how school was on the gold fields. It was difficult doing the writing activities especially the left handers who had to write right handed and I was one of those people it was not fun at all.

After finishing are first activity we went to pan the first try I got nothing at all which was so annoying I tried so hard but I still got nothing. After Panning for about hour we went to do are tour of the Red Hill mine. In my opinion I thought was relay bad I went to the mine in Bendigo and that was way better and lease that didn’t have cheap affects.

Once we came out of the Red Hill we stared to look around and we stumbled in to the Sovereign Hill bowling alley. I found it to be fun and the rules were simple like real bowling you had to knock all the pin except there wasn’t ten there were nine and they set up in a diamond shape and the lane was so skinny and also you had to use two hands so wired.

We proceeded to other places until we stopped and watched a re-enactment of solders in the streets of Ballarat. They rose there gun and proceeded to shoot the first got me but the rest didn’t scare me. One person gun didn’t shoot right so he had restart so that sucked.

Once we had watched the re-enactment we stated to beg for to go to the lolly shop but once we got there it was all worth it. There were about a 1000 kinds of drops it was lolly heaven and there also umbrellas the lollies not the one you know what.

After a massive sugar rush we went to the smelting room where we were told how to smelt gold. Looking at the gold was amazing on its own. Watching how gold was smelted was pretty cool I thought to myself why anyone doesn’t steal the gold who knows.

For the rest of the day we paned and I found a large speck of gold I was so happy. We were told now to leave and we got on the bus and little did we know that peak hour traffic was on the way and it turned out to be a 3 hour trip.

I think the trip to Sovereign Hill was an amazing experience and I will not forget it at all.

THE END    

No comments: