Wednesday, August 20, 2014


High jump and hurdles

Recently this term, in PE, we have been practising high jump and hurdles for district athletics. First we did hurdles and we were allowed to jump over hurdles on the oval. Most of the hurdles were about 75cm or at your waist’s height. It was very high so I could only jump the 75cm ones, and not the 80cm ones. I enjoyed being out on the oval and jumping over the hurdles. It was nice to practise for district athletics, although I don’t think I am going to participate in any hurdles race. It was a nice experience. Then a week after that we started to practise high jump for district athletics. I was jumping from the left side and we started jumping with 75cm and then we went all the way up to a metre. I made it up to 90cm and then I started hitting the bar on the 95cm bar. It was fun but the first couple of goes it was a bit scary and I was nervous but then I got the hang of it after a while. It was great and I liked doing high jump again.

-Jasmijn V

No comments: